Tuesday 10 March 2015

4d Finding Literature










"Involvement in the arts is associated with gains in math, reading, cognitive ability, critical thinking, and verbal skill. Arts learning can also improve motivation, concentration, confidence and teamwork."

Last week, I taught a dance class at a local Primary school at their after school club. It really got me thinking when I came to research literature for my inquiry. 

Does Dance and Performing Arts really have an impact on children’s learning? 

Perhaps a certain age group? 

Maybe only those who struggle in academic subjects? 

Does it help those who struggle with Dyslexia or Dyspraxia?                                                                   

It then sprung to mind that if the National Curriculum thought that dance and the arts does have an impact on children’s learning, why would some schools even consider not offering the subject and at GCSE? Surly it cannot only be due to funding. This is something I would like to look further into for my inquiry and hope to find out more information.

I have found many articles and literature that suggest why the Arts is so important in our schools and in the article above Fran Smith tells us why. 



                                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment